My name is Deborah Walker and I am the face behind Upper Valley Hypnosis Center, LLC, which is located on the green in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
My overriding philosophy is that you have the answers to the questions you are asking. The problem is, for a variety of reasons, finding those answers inside can be difficult, at best. And, even if we do have a sense of the answers, most of us have a tendency to second-guess ourselves.
People often say that we come into this life with a “veil of forgetfulness” thrown over us. In other words, when we are born, we forget our purpose, have no road map and are basically left to drift aimlessly through life in a kind of hit-or-miss fashion. Maybe we will figure out our purpose. Maybe we won’t.
This is accurate to a point. I personally believe knowing our purpose is not a lost cause. I believe we can get information about our purpose and answers to any of life’s questions using hypnosis. We can contact our Higher Self, or as Dolores Cannon called it, our Subconscious. (She used this term differently than psychologists use it; she was referring to what some people call Higher Self or Oversoul.)
Hypnosis is a natural state that you experience each day, whether you realize it or not. Becoming engrossed in a book or a movie, driving and arriving at the destination without knowing exactly how you got there are three common examples of hypnotic trance that almost everyone can relate to. You cycle through the four different brainwave states throughout the day. A hypnosis session allows you to enter a trance state at will and use these natural states in a directed and purposeful way. My job as a hypnotist is to guide clients into the trance state so that they can find answers they are seeking. I am very careful not to lead clients in any particular direction, but am there as a guide and recorder of what they find.
My own story began in southern California 50 years ago. In the interest of not wanting to accidentally trigger anyone’s issues, suffice it to say that I am a Wounded Healer in the truest sense of the word. I am shock-proof, compassionate, non-judgmental, very well grounded, yet also empathic and highly intuitive. The extreme nature of my own life experience allows me to relate to the rather less extreme experiences of the majority of people, and to offer real understanding. I have made peace with the people responsible and know it is possible to live a fulfilling and very happy life even having such great challenges to overcome. My purpose in life is to assist people to find their own answers, trust their inner knowing, create their best life and have hope for the future.
I have four grown children and live in Central Vermont with my significant other, our dog and cat in a 126-year-old farmhouse that we are in the process of restoring.
I am always updating my hypnosis training. These are classes I have completed.
- Basic & advanced hypnosis training with master hypnotist, Gerald Kein of the Omni Hypnosis Training Center in DeLand, Florida.
- Certified 5-Phase Advanced Transformational Hypnosis™ (5-PATH), trained by Cal Banyan, Banyan Hypnosis Center, Tustin, California.
- Certified HypnoCoach®, trained by Lisa Halpin
- Certified Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist, trained by Ron Eslinger, American School of Clinical Hypnosis, International
- Certified PTSD Hypnosis Specialist, American Hypnosis Association, Tarzana, California
- Certified ADD/ADHD Hypnosis Specialist, American Hypnosis Association, Tarzana, California
- Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique®, Level 1 practitioner, Quantum Healing Hypnosis Academy, Huntsville, Arkansas
- Master’s degree in special education from the University of Utah
- B.S. in liberal arts with concentrations in psychology and history from Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- National Guild of Hypnotists
- 5-PATH® International Association of Hypnosis Professionals
- American Hypnosis Association
- National Board of Hypnosis Education & Certification
- Hypnotherapist Union Local 472